- February 2014 – local community associations representing Ash Road Area, the Cardigan Triangle, the Granby’s, Headingley Network, the Turnways, Beckett’s Park and North Hyde Park agreed in principle to develop a Headingley Neighbourhood Plan.
- March 2014 – Small steering group meets to define the Neighbourhood Plan area and draft the application to set up a Neighbourhood Forum, with membership open to everyone living, working or regularly visiting or carrying out business in Headingley.
- 1 April 2014 – Initial plans submitted to Leeds City Council
- 8 April – 30 May 2014 – Consultation on initial plans.
- 22 October 2014 – Area and the Forum designated by Leeds City Council.
- 28 October 2014 – First Forum meeting attended by 34. About half were residents, some representing local community associations and a third worked in the Area (including people from the universities, Stadium, landlords and other local businesses). Councillors from the wards covered by the plan also attended. At this meeting, the Forum appointed officers, adopted a Project Plan and a Public Engagement Programme, and set up a committee structure.
- 11 November 2014. – First meeting of the Steering Group
- 19 November 2014.- First meeting of Social, Environmental and Economic working groups.
- February 2015. – First formal consultation, including workshops in local schools to collect children’s views, using social media to consult students living in the area and held meetings with local businesses, including Leeds University, Leeds Metropolitan University (now Leeds Beckett), Yorkshire County Cricket Club and Leeds Rugby.